Ergonomic Office Tips & Information | Blog
Get Up, Stand Up (At Work) With Our Ergonomic Mix Tape
One of my favorite things about working at Human Solution is "Music Friday." Every week, we pick a theme and come up with a playlist of songs related to that theme, then everyone takes turns playing a song. This week, you can join in on Music Friday with us, with these ergonomic mixtape suggestions:
1. Get Up, Stand Up (Bob Marley & the Wailers): Let's just start with the obvious first choice. Not just a great song, but sound advice! We carry everything you need to get you started on your quest for an ergonomic office. Even if you don't already have an adjustable height standing desk, just taking regular standing breaks can benefit your health and alertness.
2. Stand (R.E.M.): Everyone at Human Solution has a standing desk, so that we can stand in the place where we work. Most of us even have desk treadmills, so we can also walk in the place where we work, and some of us have twist boards, so we can twist in the place where we work. Standing doesn't just increase your alertness and physical fitness; studies have showing that sitting less (read: standing more) actually adds years to your life. We can help make your workday less "Everybody Hurts" and more "Shiny Happy People."
3. There is a Light That Never Goes Out (The Smiths): Maybe "never" isn't quite accurate, but the LED bulbs in Humanscale's line of LED task lights have an incredibly long lifespan of 50,000 hours. If you were to use this for eight hours a day, five days a week, this is almost three and a half years of use before the bulb needs to be replaced. These lamps are incredibly flexible, allowing you to position the light source exactly where you need it. Many other lights cast multiple shadows, which can strain your eyes. Humanscale LED lamps cast a large lighting footprint, with only a single shadow.
4. Fitter Happier (Radiohead) : Obviously adding a treadmill or bike to your desk will make you fitter and happier, but even a smaller change like an ergonomic mouse or adjustable keyboard tray will help relieve pain. Many people just live with the wrist, arm, shoulder, and neck pain caused by a non-ergonomic mouse, or a keyboard that's at the wrong height without ever knowing what a simple fix that can be. since I switched to a Mousetrapper Advance and a Humanscale 900 keyboard tray, my constant wrist and shoulder pain are gone. Since I added a treadmill to my desk at work, I'm able to exercise throughout the day. Fitter and happier! It's that easy.
5. Human Touch (Bruce Springsteen): Whether you have questions about an order or just want to chat with us to be sure that you're getting the best item for your needs, we're here for you on phone, chat, email, and in person if you're lucky enough to live in Austin, where our showroom is located. We know that it can be hard to purchase something like an ergonomic chair or a standing desk without having the chance to try it out first, so we will do our best to answer any questions that you have and to help you choose options that will work best for you. Our goal is to provide expert service to every one of our customers, both before and after your purchase.
What other songs would you add to an ergonomic playlist?
Featured Blog Posts
Interested in ergonomics?