- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Smartfish Whirl Laser Mouse
The Smartfish Whirl Laser Mouse has been discontinued.
Check out our Most Popular Ergonomic Mice for a great replacement.
The Smartfish Whirl Mouse introduces a new concept in ergonomic mice. Many ergonomic products on the market today try to designate the perfect “fixed position” to reduce or alleviate stress on user’s hands and wrists while they work. The idea is that user’s hands and wrists at a “natural” angle will properly address Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI). However, studies show that it's repetition, not the position, that induces RSI including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). Essentially, prolonged work in a static posture will only cause injury no matter how natural the position.
The Smartfish Whirl Mouse is based on a concept they developed and researched called ErgoMotion, suggesting movement is the key to healthier computing. The medical community has long supported movement to be beneficial to the human body, which promotes blood flow and decreases inflammation (inadequate blood circulation and inflammation are both considered key contributors to RSI). Smartfish’s founder, Dr. Jack Atzmon, experienced RSI, and it lead him to question ergonomic computer products and challenge the “fixed-position” products and their claimed benefits.
Smartfish partnered with New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) to study the effects motion had on a user while they worked. It was the collaboration with HSS that proved subtle motion, even incremental movement, increases blood flow and reduces inflammation to eliminate the risks of RSI. This is the first researched and developed ergonomic technology of its kind.
Smartfish Whirl Laser Mouse Features
- Unique, Patented Design - The Whirl Laser Mouse utilizes a patented motion-base, conforming to a user’s natural hand and wrist positions while they work.
- Wireless Connection - The Whirl Mouse connects wirelessly to your computer, and no software is required. The Smartfish is plug-and-play; this wireless ergonomic mouse uses a nano-tranceiver and provides instant and uninterrupted connection. The nano-tranceiver is small enough to leave plugged into a laptop so users can to mouse all the time, wherever you are. To save battery life, simply switch the power on or off while traveling.
- Laser Tracking - The Whirl Mouse uses a high-resolution laser for precise mousing control. The 800dpi laser provides superior response over traditional optical tracking, allowing you to mouse on practically on any surface without a mousepad.
- Ambidextrous Design - The Smartfish Whirl Mouse offers a symmetrical design created for both left and right-handed users alike, making the Whirl Mouse extremely user-friendly for everyone.
|System requirements||PC: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Mac: Mac OS X (10.2.8 or later)
|Mouse tracking||800dpi laser|
|Connection||Wireless using nano-tranceiver in USB port|
Smartfish Mouse Video
Quit working after 1 month!
September 17, 2013
For the short time I used the mouse I did like the feel of it and it worked well. Of course just 4 days past the 30 day return policy it quit working. I would not recommend this product to others but I would recommend you spend a little more money and get the Handshoe mouse.
March 1, 2011
My mouse also didn't light up. I contacted customer service and was told that Laser Mice don't light up they are invisible to the human eye. Apparently my last mouse, an optical mouse needs the light to function. Thank you Smartfish for welcoming me to the modern era of computing. And the mouse feels amazing, my hand feels like it melts right into the desk! So comfortable!!
doesn't even turn on
October 16, 2010
just came yesterday. love that it doesn't work out of the package, even though there is a "q.c. passed sticker" on it. I've tried different batteries, inserted them in different positions, and tried the on off switch multiple times. the laser doesn't even light up. pathetic.