Need help finding the right product?
Click here to fill out our personalized selector form and get advice from our experts.
One of our experts will contact you shortly.
Hear from our Ergonomic Experts
Please select a category below to get started
Steelcase has been making quality office products for over 100 years. With everything from chairs and desks to lamps and monitor arms, Steelcase has what you need to fit any style of office, classroom, or workspace.
Try your Steelcase products for thirty days -- if you're not completely satisfied, return them for free. There's no restocking fee, and we'll send you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label.learn more
Learn More About Steelcase on our Blog
- Steelcase Chairs Offer Comfort and Support, With or Without a Headrest
- Steelcase Leap Chair and Steelcase Amia Chair Review
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Steelcase Leap
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Steelcase Amia
- Introducing the Steelcase Gesture Chair
- Ergonomic Chair Review: The Steelcase Think
- Big and Tall Ergonomic Chair Review: Steelcase Leap Plus
- Leaps and Bounds: Comparing the Steelcase Leap Chair and Humanscale Freedom Chair
Steelcase Free Ship, Free Returns Promo
There's never been a better time to try a Steelcase chair. Why? Our Steelcase Free Ship, Free Returns promotion is back! Customers who order Steelcase products from us have thirty risk-free days to try them out. If you decide you want to return your products for any reason, you will pay no restocking fee and incur no return shipping charge. We'll send you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label that you can use to return the chair at no cost to you.
A 15 minute trial of a chair in a showroom isn't a sufficient test. The only way to truly know if a chair will work for you is to try it for full days while working. We're so convinced that you'll love your Steelcase chair that we're offering a thirty day trial. Your thirty day trial period begins on the day that you receive your new chair. If you decide that the chair doesn't work for you, give us a call and we'll set up your return. No stress, no post-purchase trauma, and NO RISK. It's as easy as that.
- Free Ship, Free Return applies to FedExable products ONLY
- Free Ship, Free Return only applies to products with less than 30 days of usage. Returns will not be accepted 30+ days from the received date.
- Note: Free Ship, Free Return promotion is only valid in the contiguous United States. Same day ship chairs and products that do not ship FedEx (Airtouch, Walkstation, Leap WorkLounge, etc.) are not included in this program and will be subject to a 20% restocking fee, if returned within the 30-day return period.
- If you decide to return a product within 30 days of receipt, simply contact our customer service team to set up a return.
- We will issue you a FedEx label for a quick and easy return.
- You'll send the product back to Steelcase.
- We will credit you the full amount of the purchase as soon as Steelcase processes the return.
Steelcase Warranty Information
Human Solution and Steelcase assure total customer satisfaction. Human Solution is an Authorized Steelcase Retailer. The following information applies to all Steelcase products:
Steelcase Inc. ("Steelcase") warrants that Steelcase, Turnstone, and Details brand products are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product, except as set forth below. This warranty is valid from the date of delivery, regardless of shift usage, and covers the original purchaser for products delivered in the Americas: United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 12 Year Warranty: Seating mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, arm caps, foam, casters and glides, wood frame side chairs, tablet arms, and optional accessories other than internal structure. Details keyboard mechanisms, flat panel monitor arms, personal task lighting fixtures. Laminate, wood veneer and solid surface, all standard vertical surface textiles (except Cogent:Geode and Sprite) and the following seating textiles: Buzz2, Chainmail; Cogent: Connect, Connect 3D, 3D Knit, Reply Mesh, Elmosoft Leather, Steelcase Leather. Node personal worksurface.
- 5 Year Warranty: Details Height AdjusTable mechanisms, lighting power supplies, ballasts and LED lighting components, urethane edge treatments. Bo Peep, Brisa, Cogent: Tides; Turnstone Collection by DesignTex, glass surfaces, paint colorfastness, Nurture wood finish
- 3 Year Warranty: Details executive office tools, palm rests, lighting magnetic ballasts, Walkstation treadmill parts and wear items (1 year service and labor). Vinyl wrapped surfaces and acrylic. Huddleboard and Answer markerboard surfaces.
- 2 Year Warranty: Replacement parts (2 years or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer)
- No Warranty: Products considered consumables (e.g., lamps) Huddleboard Ledge Grabbers, Markerboard Grips and Flip Chart Pegs. Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g., matching grains, textures and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots). Select and Custom Surfaces and materials are only warranted for their application on the specified product. These materials are not covered, except as warranted by the original supplier, for quality, colorfastness, shade variations or abrasion. Steelcase textiles purchased through the cut yardage program are only warranted for defects in manufacturing of the material.
WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO PRODUCT FAILURE OR LOSS RESULTING FROM:
- Normal wear and tear
- Failure to apply, install or maintain products according to published Steelcase instructions and guidelines
- Abuse, misuse, or accident
- Alteration or modification of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-Steelcase components for use in the place of Steelcase components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins and other integral components
WARRANTY PROVIDES EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES
Pursuant to this Limited Warranty, if a product fails under ordinary use as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, Steelcase will (i) repair or, at Steelcase's option, replace the affected product at no charge, with a new or refurbished product of comparable function, performance and quality, or (ii) refund the purchase price for the affected product if repair or replacement is not commercially practicable or cannot be timely made.
- A product "defect" means an inadequacy in the materials or workmanship of the product that (i) existed at the time when you received the product from Steelcase or a Steelcase Authorized Reseller and (ii) causes a failure of the product to perform under ordinary use in accordance with the materials and documentation accompanying the product
- An "ordinary use" means use of the product (i) in conformance with all applicable local, state or federal laws, codes and regulations (including without limitation building and/or electrical codes) and (ii) in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and/or instructions in the materials and documentation accompanying the product
- A "Steelcase Authorized Reseller" means any dealer that (i) is legally permitted to conduct business in the jurisdiction where the product is sold, (ii) is duly authorized by Steelcase to sell the product, and (iii) sells the product new and in its original packaging
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE REMEDY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT AND NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. STEELCASE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY (AN UNWRITTEN WARRANTY THAT THE PRODUCT IS FIT FOR ORDINARY USE) IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME JURISIDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Warranty is non-transferable and valid only for the original purchaser acquiring a product from Steelcase or a Steelcase authorized reseller for the purchaser's own use and not for resale, remarketing or distribution.
Steelcase and Human Solution - A Partnership You Can Trust
Why Is It Important to Purchase Steelcase Chairs from a Fully Authorized Dealer?
All manufacturers sign a contractual agreement with their dealers that require dealers uphold a specific code of behavior that includes providing for quality support both before and after the sale of their products, including warranty support. Among these rules:
- These rules dictate a minimum advertised pricing structure all dealers must adhere to, but each dealer is only limited to their advertised pricing; actual selling price is up to the dealer.
- Authorized dealers may not sell used or refurbished product.
What do you lose by purchasing a Steelcase product from a non-authorized source?
- While some unauthorized sellers may have their own warranty, it is usually very limited in scope, often as short as 30 days. The warranty is only as good as the dealer who backs it; if they go out of business, your warranty is gone with them.
- Steelcase assigns serial numbers to every chair they manufacturer - this record details the original purchaser and the limited lifetime warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. You may not be able to purchase replacement parts, pads or fabric without the serial number. If your chair breaks, repair may be difficult to achieve.
- Would you buy a used car if it didn't have an odometer? Chairs don't have mileage meters on them so you have no idea how much life they may have left. Most Steelcase chairs are rated to 400lbs and a 40 hour work week. If your chair has seen more use than this, its lifetime may be shortened. Cushions that have seen heavy use may be less comfortable.
- Selection of fabrics, leather and colors - Steelcase has exclusive contracts with all its fabric suppliers. While a refurbished chair may look like it has the same fabric, there's a fair chance it is a lesser quality fabric with an unknown wear pattern and lifespan. Leather comes in many grades. Steelcase only uses top quality hides.
We are not implying that a used Steelcase chair doesn't have value, it does. These are great chairs. However you should be fully informed of the history of your chair and pay a price that is low enough to reflect the risk you take on given the unknown lifespan remaining in the chair. When comparing dealers and pricing, read the description thoroughly. As all authorized dealers are subject to the same minimum advertised pricing, any dealer lower should be suspect. Ask the right questions.
Steelcase Office Chairs
Steelcase chairs are extremely comfortable and highly adjustable. We especially recommend the Leap, which offers Liveback technology allowing the chair back to move with you, adjustable lumbar support, a wide range of fabric options, and highly adjustable arms. All Steelcase chairs also qualify for a free 30-day trial period: if you don't like it for any reason, let us know within 30 days of receipt, and you can send it back for a 100% refund. While you're browsing, don't forget to check out all the other excellent Steelcase office products available.
Steelcase Ergonomic Desks
Steelcase offers ergonomic desk solutions for the home or office. Steelcase Ergonomic Desks have a variety of benefits designed to help improve productivity and overall health. The Steelcase Sit-Stand Walkstation enables users to stay active throughout the course of the day by walking a steady pace, burning calories and boosting circulation. The beautiful Steelcase Airtouch Desk features an innovative pneumatic lifting mechanism, allowing the desk to be shown off anywhere. Steelcase Ergonomic Desks are the practical and imaginative solution to your office workstation needs.
Steelcase Task Lighting
Steelcase Task Lights are more than just a stylish accent to the home or office. They provide the focused lighting you need to stay productive, day or night. Reduced eye strain and increased alertness are two of the most common benefits associated with ergonomic task lighting. Steelcase Task Lighting is the bold and affordable solution to your office lighting needs.
Steelcase Monitor Arms
An ergonomic monitor arm enables greater flexibility when positioning monitors, while also freeing up desk space. Steelcase Monitor Arms are a valuable ergonomic addition to the workspace. Monitor arms attach easily to your desk, with the monitors themselves mounting securely and intuitively. Cut down on eye and neck strain, and enjoy greater flexibility while working, with a Steelcase Monitor Arm.
Steelcase Worktools Office Accessories
You work in a crowded office, you have a million things on your desk and you don't even know where to begin. Enter Steelcase Worktools Office Accessories. Steelcase Worktools Office Accessories are an economical new organization strategy, attractive and efficient. Slatwall panels and Slatrails support vertical file folders and accessory shelves, giving the most out of your workspace. Steelcase Worktools Office Accessories can be purchased individually but we recommend getting a full set.