- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Adjustable Height No-Crossbar Desks
While all of our UPLIFT Desks are designed without a bulky crossbar crowding your leg space, they do come with an optional crossbar that lies flush underneath the desktop surface. If you want to leave that out during assembly, you can do so with no impact on the overall stability of your desk.
The main reason you'd choose to assemble with no crossbar is if you've got a keyboard tray with a long track requiring clearance from the front to back of your desk. Leaving out the crossbar will give you the space you need under the desktop to mount a long track. If you choose the UPLIFT Large Keyboard Tray or the UPLIFT Switch Keyboard Tray, you'll receive both track lengths as standard, an 11'' track and a 21'' track. You can assemble the desk with the crossbar and use the 11'' track, or assemble without the crossbar and use the 21'' track. The benefit to using the longer track is that you can easily push the keyboard tray under the desk when not in use. With the 11'' track, you can still hide the tray under the desk; you'd just rotate it on the mechanism to the left or right, and it will swivel under your desktop.
If you're purchasing just the desk base and using your own top, there are some cases where it's best to include the crossbar. If your desktop is wider than 80" or less than 1" thick, the crossbar will be useful in aiding stability and preventing your desktop from sagging over time. If you have any questions on whether your top is compatible, please call us at 800-531-3746.
Thinking of making the switch to a stand up desk? Visit our blog, where we tell you everything you need to know!
Video Demonstration - The UPLIFT Desk
Local Austin musician and SXSW performer Zac Kellogg uses the UPLIFT Desk to write his music. Click the video below to see why he thinks the UPLIFT height-adjustable desk makes the best workspace.
Video Demonstration - The UPLIFT Desk
The Division, the production team responsible for Velocity Network series Graveyard Carz, shows off how much they love their UPLIFT Desks.
Video Demonstration- UPLIFT 900 Electric Sit-Stand Desk
See our UPLIFT 900 Electric Sit-Stand Desk in action below.