- DesksAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolUPLIFT Desk VideosUPLIFT Desk Photo GalleryCustomer Photo GalleryMost Popular Stand Up DesksQuick Ship Standing DesksUPLIFT Solid Wood Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Stand Up Desk with Reclaimed Wood TopUPLIFT Eco or Laminate Height Adjustable DeskUPLIFT Space Saver Standing DeskUPLIFT Standing DesksUPLIFT Laminate Adjustable Height DesksL-Shaped and Large Corner Standing DesksUPLIFT Treadmill DesksUPLIFT ProUPLIFT Base Only Adjustable Height DesksUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesUPLIFT Eco Corner Sit-Stand Desk with L-Shaped TopShop other UPLIFT desks >>
- ChairsMesh ChairsBig and Tall Office ChairsPetite Office ChairsErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsSit Stand SeatingHigh Back ChairsChairs with HeadrestsMid Back ChairsTask ChairsLeather ChairsExecutive ChairsKneeling ChairsIntensive Use ChairsUPLIFT Motion StoolShop all popular chairs >>
- Workstation AccessoriesUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesMonitor ArmsKeyboard TrayCPU Holder and Computer MountErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic MouseStorage and OrganizationErgonomic Foot RestsDesk Corner SleeveAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsUPLIFT Desk AccessoriesSee all UPLIFT accessories >>
- BrandsUPLIFT Standing DesksHumanscaleSteelcaseRaynor EurotechKnollAllseatingBalt ProductsBodybilt ChairsergoCentric ChairsErgotechESI ErgonomicsEvoluentExtech InstrumentsFocal Upright FurnitureGoldtouchHealth ChairHOGGANergoThe Human SolutionInnovative Office ProductsISE ErgonomicsKinesis ErgonomicsMaylineMatias ProductsMark-10NaturalPointNeutral PostureNightingaleNOTRAX Anti-Fatigue Floor MattingOffice StarPosturitePlantronics HeadsetsUPLIFT DeskShop all brands >>
- Ergonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Tools & GuidesErgonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height CalculatorAdjustable Height Standing Desk Selector ToolThe Human Solution Blog -- Tips for a Healthier OfficeErgonomic Chair Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Office ChairMonitor Arm Buying Guide: How to Select an Ergonomic Monitor ArmKeyboard Tray Buying Guide: How to Select a Keyboard TrayErgonomic desk, chair and keyboard height calculatorSee more ergonomic tools >>
- MoreChairsDesksTreadmill DesksKeyboard TrayMonitor ArmsErgonomic MouseErgonomic KeyboardErgonomic Foot RestsTask LightWorkstation AccessoriesMac Compatible Ergonomic ProductsPlantronics HeadsetsLaptop ErgonomicsBudget ErgonomicsHumanscale ViewPoint Technology Wall StationsHealthcare Monitor ArmsHealthcare Chairs and StoolsHealthcare Keyboard TraysHealthcare Anti-Fatigue MatsUPLIFT Standing DesksAssessment ToolsIndustrial Equipment ToolAnti-Fatigue Mats and Standing MatsHand Trucks and DolliesErgonomic Drafting Chairs and StoolsErgonomic SoftwareMaterial Handling EquipmentDesk Edge ProtectorErgonomic StoolsCasters & WheelsAdjustable TableEntrance and Carpet MatsErgoKitAnthropometric Testing EquipmentForce GaugeHand DynamometerPinch DynamometerSensory Evaluation ToolThermo-hygrometerSound Level MeterLight MeterGoniometer and InclinometerEMGStopwatchTorque Testers and Torque GaugesScaleErgonomic SoftwarePocket Ergo®Ergonomic Consulting & Assessment ServicesVibration Meters
Whole Body Vibration Exposure Assessment
It is estimated that in the US alone, more than seven million employees in occupations such as taxi drivers, truck drivers, mining and heavy equipment operators, and pilots are exposed daily to whole body vibration (WBV). Four to seven percent of these employees are thought to be exposed to potentially hazardous levels of vibration. It is well known that these chronic exposures can result in chronic pain and is particularly associated with an elevated incidence of low back pain.
Howard BioTech offers VIBRO-1 to record, log, analyze, and quantify occupational vibration exposures. VIBRO-1 is a unique proprietary hardware/software suite that provides a complete WBV assessment as recommended by ISO 2631. VIBRO-1 meets all WBV assessment needs, from pure academic research to industrial safety evaluations. This system provides the professional with all the information required to completely and accurately quantify WBV exposure. Scroll down to see more whole body vibration assessment features and specifications.
The manufacturer has discontinued this item.
Click here to find a great replacement.
|Choose Options Below||click on for more info|
Express Setup Service
Express setup includes three hours of remote setup and consulting for your whole body vibration assessment system.
With this option, the software front end comes with source code (Labview, Matlab, C++), allowing research professionals to alter the vibration measurement system for any specialized or proprietary application system.
The system includes a pre-amplified (ICP) tri-axial seat-pad accelerometer. Connection to the accelerometer is accomplished via a standard USB 2.0 port found on any computer. While the system includes a Netbook computer, any commercially available PC meeting minimum specifications (laptop or desktop) will be capable of collecting multi-hour data streams and generating full exposure analysis. The VIBRO-1 package comes complete with accelerometer, analysis software, user documentation, and unlimited phone support. Onsite training is offered as an additional option.
Whole Body Vibration Exposure Assessment Features
- Input demographic information about the subject being evaluated, the equipment being analyzed, and other pertinent information to ensure exposure evaluations are complete, consistent, and traceable
- Control the data collection process completely. The user can select whether the collection process is timed or manual in nature, whether the data is stored in a data file or used for immediate analysis, and whether or not a report is to be generated
- Perform complete analysis at the click of a mouse. Vibration signal processing includes the calculation of the ISO 2631 defined exposure descriptors: tri-axial frequency weighted (RMS) accelerations, tri-axial frequency weighted peak (PK) accelerations, Tri-axial frequency weighted crest factors (CF), tri-axial frequency weighted vibration dose values (VDV), tri-axial frequency analysis, and tri-axial comparisons to the ISO recommended exposure limits and offers a likelihood of adverse health effects due to the exposure based on the ISO standard
- Both tri-axial raw data and tri-axial frequency weighted acceleration data files are saved to disk in the ASCII format for easy importation into other programs such as Microsoft Excel or Matlab for the purposes of further data analysis/research
|Sample frequency||1000 Hz|
|Resolution||0.0024 g (12 bit)|
|Frequency response||0.5 - 1600 Hz (x,y)
0.5 - 550 Hz
|Electrical interface||USB 2.0|
|Data interface||USB 2.0|
- Auto-generate complete reports in MS Word (MS Word not included) to be used as stand-alone reports or for incorporation in larger safety reports. Auto-generated reports contain demographic data specific to the investigation of interest, raw data plots, frequency weighed data plots, the ISO exposure descriptors, a graphical comparisons of the exposure to the ISO recommend exposure limits, and frequency analysis tailored to provide further information about the severity of the exposure. All data files and reports can be quickly transferred to an office PC for incorporation in larger safety reports and for long term data storage. The MS Word Template can be edited by the user for total customization of the reporting format